Thread: Landlords
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2009, 23:29   #145
cherokee
God Member

Re: Landlords

We have a family close by that seem to come alive in the summer.

It has a house full of teenagers that we dont see all winter but give them a glimmer of hot weather and out they come with the mini moto and booze sitting on the garden walls and riding up and down. till the early hrs.
Thing is a couple of the kids who are with them are only about 12 13ish.

The house has been raided along with their next door neighbours and knives have been found etc so the police are well aware of them and their behaviour .
I even think their landlord is part of it all because Ive seen him sitting there with them so its really a no win situation.
If the police wont do anything and the landlord wont then that only leaves the council but if enough residents wont complain which I think is clearly the case then we have to put up with them .

I certainly wouldnt leave the area for them though. and thankfully I dont have to live next door to them . they are across the back so I am slightly out of the way , but I do feel for the close
neighbours .
I have had to report them a couple of times however because I have caught them hanging around our caravan and then also had a bit of damage to it but we couldnt prove anything there.

In most situations the one glimmer of hope about really bad tenants is that they usually dont last very long. Most will usuall waste thier rent money and get evicted afer a short time . On the downside once they go you get the next lousey lot .

Sadly it does give us good tenants a bad name as in some cases you say " Yes im a private tenant " and you get tarred with the same brush.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote