Thread: Landlords
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2009, 00:49   #146
blazey
God Member

Re: Landlords

I don't believe the government should intervene in community matters. The problem is that the notion of 'community' has been broken down to smithereens. Only the privileged or very fortunate seem to live in properly established communities these days it would seem.

It doesn't help that Accrington harbours a 'capitalist without capital mentality' and doesn't want to change with the times.

I think the problem is only going to get worse. I don't have a solution for it and I doubt any councillors in the area do either, otherwise I'd have thought they'd have been sorting out the problem. Truth is, I never see councillors doing anything really where I live at home. The most, and long overdue, action I've seen carried out at home is the roundabout up at Britannia, up Ossy. And that's been needed to be sorted out for years so I wouldn't dish too much praise out for that by any means.

There is a lot of charm being lost in Accrington and it's mostly down to the people, either being miserable or causing misery. If the Government's job is to sort out the attitude of the people then humanity is failing at life. People should want to change things for themselves, and if they can't change those basic things then what can the government do?

I'm 20 years old. If you are saying that working hard doesn't grant you the right to choose where you live then what am I doing putting all this money into my education? Should I just give up and stay in Ossy til I'm old and bitter? Or are people in Accrington just not working hard enough to make things better for themselves?

Like I said in an earlier post, someone from accyweb once told me that you can always move if you need to that badly. I thought it was naive at the time but I'd like to think that they were right to some extent, and that if it's a case of having your life affected that badly then you have that choice to go. Especially so if you are renting property, as you aren't as tied down to a property...

I think that maybe people aren't always grateful for what they DO have either. You might be woke up at night sometimes, but at least you have a roof over your head and your families and friends and all the necessities. There are enough people on the street who would jump at the opportunity to live next door to nuisance neighbours if it meant they could shower in the morning and sleep in a warm bed at night.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote