View Single Post
Old 27-08-2009, 15:36   #68
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Government Trying to Abolish DLA and Attendance Allowance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Sorry if you feel that way G but they have fought long and hard to get things into place so why should they want it taken away from them now? I know one lady in her sixties who was carer for both her daughter and her mother for a very long time. There was not a minute of the day she could call her own. Now she has just got proper care in place for her daughter and her mother unfortunately is in a home. Do you really think that after years of doing this she is being selfish? I certainly don't.
To my mind what we need are health care proffessionals who know what benefits are available and who then pass the information on to patients!!!!
The people you mentioned as an example don't know how, or if, their current situation will change, mainly because no details have been given in this green paper.

...and I'm sorry to say that yes I do think it's selfish. They have eventually managed to access the right care for their nearest and dearest, no one is suggesting that will be somehow magically taken away, but why should they try and stop those newly in need of having access to help, via this newly created one stop organisation, which will make things one hell of a lot easier?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote