View Single Post
Old 27-08-2009, 16:03   #75
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Government Trying to Abolish DLA and Attendance Allowance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Er...hello!

If and when?

I have to pee in a bottle because I very often can't manage the stairs, I've fallen down them twice in the last week, and I have a piece of rope to haul my sorry arse out of bed in the morning, and that's only when the drugs have kicked in and I can actually move, plus plenty of other indignities I live with because of Parkinson's disease, but which I'd rather not share right now on a public forum.

As stated earlier, I'm fairly compus mentis, which isn't always the case with Parkinson's, and many other people who may need help, and I struggled to get help because the current system is so bloody hard to fathom, and there's no one to tell you what you may be entitled to get to help you.

Eventually I've managed to get what I needed to allow me to live independently, at least for the time being, but just because I got what I am entitled to, I'll be damned iof I'm going to oppose a system that will make it easier for others in the future to do the same.
I do agree some times its a nightmare just to fill in forms and its only when your actually in need of these benefits that you get these forms. I'm lucky I've had a lot of experience over the years, but it must be very hard for someone elderly having to put claims in for the first time, there could be much done to simplify the process