View Single Post
Old 28-08-2009, 16:13   #81
bullseyebarb

Re: who is this Daniel Hannan guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Sorry Barb, think most working Californians would disagree with you , would be happy if you could let me know where a 61 year old Californian male can purchase Health insurance for less than $750 per month , something that does not EXCLUDE pre-existing conditions .
Since this and previous US Govts. have destroyed the manufacturing base of the country the only folks now who are guaranteed decent health care are Govt./state/County employees ....something the President wants to extend to the folks who actually pay the bills .
Don't agree with the guy on a few things , but on this one I do.

If the feds had not mandated that insurance companies cover every jot and tittle, insurance costs would be affordable. Likewise, you should be allowed to deduct premiums from your income taxes, just as employers do when purchasing group insurance. Medical insurance was never intended to be what it has become. Don't delude yourself into thinking Obama cares about the state of your healthcare. This is all about power and control. There are many things our government could do to make things better.....but those things would empower individuals....and we can't have that, can we? I believe the Swiss have a universal system which is not run by government - but they did come to an agreement with private insurance companies that each would absorb an equal number of people with pre-existing conditions.

Before we embark down the road to socialized medicine here, don't you think it would be a good idea for the government to fix what it has already broken? Medicare and Medicaid are already insolvent. And look at the VA and Indian Health Services. None are good recommendations for more government intervention.

bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote