View Single Post
Old 30-07-2004, 20:50   #22
Perran

Re: Animal Rights Protestors = Terrorists

I can understand the overall argument regarding animal experimentation and drug testing. I have seen photos of some pretty nasty things. Implants on various animals, live surgery, i.e whilst animal is conscious, artificial probes inserted to stimulate involuntary movement etc To me these things are on the whole performed solely for experimentation and curiosity. However where animals are well looked after and do not suffer pain, torture and general abuse then I agree that some testing has to be done. In the case of drugs that may cure disease and save millions of lives I think there is no other option. The only alternative is for volunteers to test the beta form these drugs, considering the overall argument that animals are equal to humans im sure that there are many activists who would be willing to maybe sacrifice there own life and volunteer their services. Also I hope these people don't ever get ill because they couldnt possibly accept any drugs from there doctor as this would be un ethical..........wonder if they wear leather shoes or boots?

Perran is offline   Reply With Quote