View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 13:08   #38
shakermaker
God Member

Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
If the ASSF does become the majority shareholder via a new rights issue, I, for one, will be sorry if we lose the D'ON as the (Joint) Chairman as a consequence of this. The change in the mood around the Club has been dramatic since he took over, but having rejected Ilyas' money at the start of the summer and consistently ruled out a new right issue ever since, would he want to continue as a Chairman without any control?
Thinking the same thing myself Whalley Red. So many signals of positive intent have been made in the O'Neill regime's short time in charge, it would be a shame to lose him and his vision for the club over the mess that was created long before he arrived. Of course when he bought the club he inherited all its problems but he has clearly tried his best to start to fix Accrington Stanley and give the fans a positive outlook for the future.

One crucial thing I don't understand: Have we missed a payment outlined in our agreement or have HMRC all-of-a-sudden waived the agreement and demanded full payment of the total sum?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote