View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 15:00   #42
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The whole thing is starting to worry me more and more, as it appears that the ASSF and the club are singing from different hymnsheets?
it kinda worries me as well. They would have had to go to court this morning with a firm and definite answer to the problem. If they have told the ASSF and HMRC one thing with a view to trying to wing it for another few weeks and if all else fails go back to the ASSF at the last minute then they are fools. It won't happen overnight which I would assume is why they have given us another extension. They are hoping that they can raise enough money with their hand held out to avoid having to give up a significant portion of the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
D'ON isnt chairman if i recall, Marcelle is the chairperson of the club.
Joint chairperson was the phrase used

The BBC article with Rob is full of the usual bluster and wind and still hasn't told us what actually needs to happen. Treat us like crap and people will turn their backs when the bucket comes round. Be warned.

We know that the club is doing their absolute best to remedy the situation but telling us lies and half truths just doesn't cut it any more. Please be men about this, stand up and tell the people what is going on - the full ugly truth please.

ASSF is standing by with the cash to bail them out, but they simply have to be prepared to lose something for it.

As far as I know, worst case scenario, would be that the revenue seek to wind us up in 8 weeks if the debt/% is paid. The next stage would be administration where the administrators, receivors or whatever will come in and attempt to asset strip us in order to pay what they can. At that point we would have received a points deduction which would seriously jeopardise our league status. I think that at this point the administrators would attempt to sell the club to the best bid. Which would be ASSF. But by then it would be hoped that we had already secured the club.

The quickest and simplest way would be for the Don to sort it today and get the contract signed for ASSF to come onboard NOW and pay the debt off NOW.

This morning we (ASSF) knew where we stood and what was happening, but certain things coming to light seem to suggest a promise has been reneged on.