Thread: European poll.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:42   #119
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: European poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Well perhaps you should open your eyes. This is supposed to be a community forum not a witch hunt using personal information about somebody, let alone the country of origin of a users partner whom doesn't even frequent the forum in an attempt to gain the upper hand in a debate. I'm not perfect myself by all means - but I've time to learn, to mature; to become wise with age. Even if her partner was from an EU member state - what does this matter? Does she no longer have a valid opinion on every other thing she perceives as a benefit from the EU? Do you know enough about the partner to know that they wouldn't gain entry into this country for reasons of hard graft and legitimate work? Completely pointless comment that you made, you could have attacked in a far greater and dignified manner by simply responding to her argument.
I can't pretend not to know something. The close relative of your's who (wrongly) said her partner was from an E.U. member country, didn't say it was some sort of secret.

Although I have friends who are Italian who have worked here, and British friends who have retired to another member country, and therefore take advantage of a borders free Europe, l don't know anyone who has a partner who is from an E.U. member country, and genuinely wanted to know if their view of how the system works had helped form their opinion, like it has with my friends.

I apologise for not been given the correct information by your relative, as if he isn't from an E.U. member state the question is then irrelevant.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote