View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 13:06   #3637
Wynonie Harris
Super Moderator

Re: What song/music/muzak are you listening to right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Certainly preferred that one. Think it was the combination of Lee Brilleaux and Wilko Johnson that won it. They seem to be at their peak in that show. Not taking anything away from the great rhythm section but I couldn't take my eyes off Wilko & Lee.

But the new line up (on the 2005 DVD) are certainly no tribute band, they're obviously doing a great job of carrying on the music and making new stuff. Steve Walwyn is a phenomenal guitarist - had me amazed.

There was an interview with Wilko on the 2005 DVD bonus features - that was a little hard to follow!
Would agree, Shakey, the original Feelgoods had a certain magic that was unique. However, as you say, the present day band are a force to reckoned with, carrying on the "family business" as purveyors of high quality Rhythm & Blues.

Going to a Feelgoods weekend next March in a hotel on Canvey Island - the band's hometown. It includes an acoustic set on the Friday, an electric set on the Saturday, a showing of the new film about the band, "Oil City Confidential" and a guided tour of places that were significant in the band's history by their manager. I was looking forward to it, but obviously, events taking place at the moment have pushed it to the back of my mind. Hopefully, it'll be a good do, though (and I'll be in a better mood to enjoy it by then!).