View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 15:19   #157
shakermaker
God Member

Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
First of all I don't think I mentioned ASSF in my post but nevertheless I will answer you. ASSF is not a 'fighting fund'. ASSF is a registered Company 'Accrington Stanley Supporters' Fund Limited'. The Company has no money, but if Accrington Stanley were to have a new share issue Ilyas Khan has promised that he would make funds available to Accrington Stanley Supporters' Fund Limited to purchase shares in their name. In the future Accrington Stanley Supporters' Fund Limited intend to arrange fund raising activities, etc and any money raised will go into the Company bank account for the purpose of supporting Accrington Stanley in times of difficulty, but, until then the only way ASSF Limited can help Accrington Stanley is if Accrington Stanley have a new share issue.
I thought the sentence "nobody is going to GIVE money to help an ailing business, but people may invest in the business if they get something in return" was inclusive of the ASSF. Thanks for the reply.
Obviously I see the reasoning behind not wanting to give an amount of money large enough to bail out the club without any assurance. Have any negotiations taken place between O'Neill and the ASSF? There was the report of a deal early in this thread but that's contradicted with Rob Heys' statement.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote