Thread: Stay Aways
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 13:10   #10
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Stay Aways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Don't know how many their are on this forum but I will try anyway.

During our immense run from Non League into the Football League under Coleman, the fans of Accrington Stanley turned out in healthy numbers. I have an article I will scan in from Unibond days that has Coleman saying "imagine the crowds if we ever got to the conference" (We had just had 2468 v Farsley)

Unfortunately, now because of various issues from losing games, to getting wet on the Clayton End to fall outs with ex Chairmen etc etc. we are down to the bare bones.

I would urge nay plead, the once die hards to just remember that many of Stanley's financial woes stem from the fact that some supporters have withdrawn their investment by not attending. Effectively, not paying your £13 to attend home games got us in this mess.

Now, I saw many old faces at Illyas's house. Saw some more stay aways at the fans forum. Not floating fans but keen as mustard regulars during the glory days. They have stopped going but they obviously care... So...please , please

Please, spare the odd Saturday down at your local club.... Your £13 is really important to the future of our club. Clubs have already said "Why should we contribute to save Stanley when the people of Accrington don't" & they are correct.

Come on Stanley fans. We should use this appeal to galvanise the support & spread the word that following Accrington Stanley is unique.

You/We really will miss it if its gone.............
Willie!!...Tell me if I've missed something, but does it not appear to you also that there is a crushing silence emitting from the direction of The Council Chamber in The Town Hall... and maybe from The Administrative Offices
too ??...

One doesn't expect miracles from elected representatives in these days of recession and fiscal constrictions, but some sincere and tangible recognition of t'Stanley's emergency,...plus a delving into the depths of the pockets of the Burghers of Accrington , would seem the first thing they would want to do for the biggest 'Name' in the Borough!!.

As I say, I could well have missed some activity from 'the Municipal Front' and if I have unwittingly vilified anyone by this omission then I do apologize.

'ON STANLEY !!........ON!!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote