Thread: Catching Mice
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2009, 14:09   #135
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Catching Mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I had environmental health out who left little dishes of poison for them last year, after a few weeks it did seem to have worked but now they are back. My problem is now, being 12 months down the line my kids can now reach and open the cupboard doors where the poison was left for them so dont really want to go down that road again because i dont want the little ones getting their inquisitive little hands on it. They know that whats put down is "chemicals" and not to touch but being the age that they are at I dont really want to take the risk. They (the mice not the kids) have chewed at the edge of my carpets in places which is really annoying as the carpets arnt that old. I have plug ins but they dont seem to be keeping them away, I can still hear them and know that they are still there.
I understand your problem - mine is an inquisitive little dog who regards anything on the floor as hers. I managed to find places where I could safely put it (safe for the dog that is). Try and determine where the mice could be entering, cable, pipe entries, and then if there are holes pour the bait down there, or put it in a corner with some heavy furniture in front of the bait dish. Best of luck.