View Single Post
Old 17-09-2009, 10:42   #85
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Government Trying to Abolish DLA and Attendance Allowance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
A more "joined up" system as to how to apply for and admister some services may well prove beneficial to many people, however if the benefits themselves are taken off individuals, and the finance given to social services instead to administer as assessed care packages, then i'm afraid there will be an awful lot of disabled people forced deeper and deeper into poverty because of this. Many Disabled people use their benefits to pay for extra costs associated with disability that would not be covered under new proposals. Disabled people for example dont get extra allowances for heating in winter unlike pensioners, yet because of mobility problems, will need their heating on for longer than most people. I know many disabled people who use their money in this way, and also for other uses which wont be allowed for in a Care Package provided by social services. Disabled people should be able to make their own individual choices as to how they spend their money for their own needs, not have this decided for them. If Governments can save money they will do, and its usually done at the expense of the weak and more vunerable in society, who provide them with least resistance. Would love to see the response if other benefits were targetted and perhaps paid "in kind" instead of cash, perhaps Food Vouchers, Gas/ Electricity Tokens, instead of unemployment benefit eh? I'm fed up of Governments bailing out greed ridden sectors of our society, and crapping on people they think wont protest!Adult green paper could be catastophe for disability allowance recipients - The Social Care Experts Blog

Best Regards - Taggy
That's frightening Taggy but isn't this another example of Big Brother, we know best how to run our life, the time to force things onto people is when they are unable to make decisions for themselves, until then leave well alone

Last edited by jaysay; 17-09-2009 at 10:46.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote