View Single Post
Old 19-09-2009, 08:16   #236
Wynonie Harris
Super Moderator

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
That old one again, just get us out of Europe and stop the influx of job stealing immigrants and I will be happy, for now.
Baggy, as someone who's married to a "job stealing immigrant" (a "job stealing immigrant" who might help to save your life one day if you ever have the misfortune to need treatment in her hospital department), if your wish ever came, true and the BNP got into power, you would see a space were I used to stand on the Clayton End.

However, the major parties really do need to counter the threat of the BNP more seriously. Firstly, by acknowledging that people are concerned about immigration and looking at ways to allay their concerns. As I said, why don't the goverment look at how the French and Spanish deal with immigrants? Neither of these countries have adopted the "send 'em all back and close the borders" approach that the likes of Baggy advocate, but they are not seen as a soft touch for illegals and bogus asylum seekers in the way that the UK is.

Secondly, the main parties need to confront Nick Griffin directly and expose his arguments to the light of day. Nick Griffin is apparently going to appear on "Question Time" - the Labour party's refusal to appear with him is absolutely ridiculous. They should be on there countering his cliched, prejudiced views with well-reasoned arguments. Ignoring the BNP will not make them go away.