View Single Post
Old 28-09-2009, 17:44   #78
expatriate

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Hello Tommy. good evening to you - have we met ? I am sorry, but I know most of the people on this forum, but in your case I cant recall, so forgive me for that.

your question is absolutely spot on. Right now, I believe that the directors MUST take all steps to avoid trading illegally. This means that if they turn down the recapitalisation, they must have an alternative. Right now, I believe that the directors must assume they are not trading insolvently (a technical term) as they believe there must be alternatives.

also, I totally agree that there are other revelations yet to be made. Just by way of example, why have the new directors still not appeared on the official register at companies' house ? also, as we know, PAYE has not been paid for some time, and if £300k is the historic debt, what is the actual debt ?

finally, Tommy, I have offered Oneil a route out. If they dont want a share issue, then I will match his cash in the form of a donation. I believe that in trying times, we must put the club first, and I have compromised by saying that I will match the director's commitment. Over the years I have put much more money into the club than Oneil, but I dont therefore simply say "no more". If O neil puts more into the club, I will match him, and on the same conditions.

by the way, in that famous friday programme note, he tells people to "give" unconditionally. I note he has not made any donation unconditionally at this critical point. Every penny counts, and I am sure we would all take great pleasure and comfort if directors matched the efforts of supporters. Ms Lazarus and O neil should lead the way and put up cash at this critical stage.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote