View Single Post
Old 28-09-2009, 18:22   #85
Doug
Member.

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
Willie. I assume that some of your last post at 18.41 has been answered ? however i will quickly address the points again - for the avoidance of doubt.

firstly, at no time did anyone at the club ever offer to hand over control. In fact if you see the ASSF statement today, you will see the way things progressed. In fact it is due to the ASSF letter that the court actually eased away from summary insolvency. I also can confirm that Oneil was utterly opposed to any capital that meant he would lose control and when I told him he was putting himself above the interests of the club, and that no one is bigger than the club, he refused to acknowledge our offer. As i say, the statement from ASSF could not be clearer, and many more people were involved in addition to me or oneil.

also, just to reiterate, I supported oneil's purchase. I turned down eric's offer of £1million for his shares, and my only concern when oneil took over was to tell him, in no uncertain terms, that running football clubs in league 2 is not a "business" and he shoudl only do so if he had the means to see it through.

On your last point, i must say that you better ask oneil. I did not write that programme note on friday. also his emails to me and his comments to others have all been one-way traffic. From my standpoint i have noted your comments on this board that have been negative towards me, as indeed are your current questions. I continue to believe, however, that I shoudl reply and be transparent. Again, if i have missed your point, say so, and i will continue to try to address your concerns.

finallly, my ONLY interest is the future of our club. I am from accrington. this is my home. the first thing i tell people when we meet, is that i am from accy. I have nothing to prove in this regard, so if you, or others dont know "where i am coming from" then you really are trying too hard to see theories where they dont exist. Right now I am not aware of anyone else. Thats right NO ONE ELSE has stepped up at this critical time. Please tell me if you think my interest is somehow in bad faith, since that is what you seem to imply. forgive me if i am wrong.
Taking the points you raise in the latter part of post 80.

I am from Accy and proud of it; like you I tell everyone I meet and I tell of my pride in the Club, for which I often face ridicule, but it as never dented my pride or belief in the club or the town. I’ve been over here for 30 odd years. So I along with many other will know what drives you in that respect.

In respect of negative comments and I’m sure I’ve made a few, I don’t know you, we have never met and I can only take you and Mr. O’Neil at face value. The recent posts I have made have been reactive; probing for a response from one or other of you; desperately hoping that one of you would step forward and resolve this issue once and for all…..I was two young to feel the effect of 62, but I was scared by the effect it had on my grandfather and it as stayed with me throughout my life.

Mr. Khan, cash, love, affection and pride will not sustain Accrington Stanley alone; it needs to become a business first and it needs to be developed in partnership with the town. There is no shortage of Pride, Love or Affection, it’s in all of us now…..but the cash aspect is troubling, just how much will be needed to get us to that first stage, becoming a sustainable business and are you prepared to keep on donating funds until it can stand on it’s own two feet…

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote