View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 20:45   #15
Minister Onymfo

Re: New Season "CARDS"

True enough, I think the whole issue of lending season tickets here there and everywhere is probably unlikely. The reason we have them is so we can attend every game and then some. My point is really that lending your ticket to say your dad or neighbour is in effect giving them an unofficial free sample. I think I am right in saying Rovers amongst have been doing this for a while where they have had cut price tickets on sale for low interest matches, no doubt from that you get your money back over the course of a season as some of the opportunist return and pay full price for future games. Further more the club has the opportunity for secondary selling, that would not occur if people are not there ie food,drinks, programmes, half time draw, raffle tickets. Most importantly you have a crowd to cheer on your team. It would be a sorry state of affairs if all the season ticket holders could not attend one week and you had 10-20% of your crowd missing (this is complete b*ll*cks I know) all those unsold pies would have to be warmed up the following week
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote