View Single Post
Old 29-09-2009, 01:51   #157
carpon
Full Member+

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I'd just like to hear some facts, from the people who are directly involved. So I'm going to ask them.

At half time tomorrow I'm going to invite Mr. O'Neill and someone from the ASSF onto the programme to give us some facts, answer a few straight questions and perhaps make some progress.

Not argue, or bitch or score points.
Dan
Credit to you for that Dan, I for one will be listening.

Many thanks Illyas for your honesty on this thread earlier tonight.

The following points I wish to make are not aimed at anybody in particular, They're my own opinion and opinions that hold dear.....so here goes....

Like many on here I want to hear FACT, not FICTION. TRUTHS and not HALF TRUTH or FABRICATIONS. Time to stop burying heads in the sand like the preverbial ostrich, come clean, and let everyone who cares, know the extent of the mountain we have to climb.

AT this time, there is little point in putting the finger of blame at anyone. The main objective should be CLARITY and that word "transparency". MY OWN OPINION, but the fight against the battle this club faces is being lost among bickering.The common goal concerns the club, which Everyone fought so hard to get back on the footballing map, overcoming this battle and moving on to better things.

What I've seen on the pitch this season, convinces me that, solve this or / the problems, the product on offer on the pitch may convince others that this is a club worth saving, be they the floating fan, or someone else willing to get on board and invest.

I've every confidence in Coley and Bell delivering a side, the side that's putting more of, the more than promising performances that we've witnessed recently, pushing on to greater things. What a crime it would be, to see all their efforts, now and in the past laid to waste.

However I can't see the D'on wanting to talk in the direct media spotlight. I only hope that sometime soon, somebody at the top will either:

A) Come clean....admit there is a problem, seek additional help and look seriously at the offers from the parties that are there to help (be they ASSF or other) .....or

B) Make a Solid statement, to allay the fears of many, stating the debt or debts will be honoured, explaining in full the concrete plans they have, where the money WILL BE FOUND, to ensure the immediate status of the club is NOT in jeopardy, putting ALL the facts on the table for ALL to digest.

That clock I talked of earlier in this thread is still ticking....the wolf is still at the door. Time that all involved,start singing from the same hymnsheet and start setting in stone, the plan of action needed to send the beast away from the door.

I only hope (and dread and fear to state the last point),the time does not come again, when the spectre of '62 comes back to claim the club, where as a collective we have face defeat and the preverbial wolf will have blown our house down.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote