View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34   #632
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Excellent Idea Rob.......
I concur with that Doug !...But doesn't Peter Shaw's statement :-'The ASSF claim the club's debt is substantially more than the £308,000 which is owed to Revenue and Customs by 27 October.'.....not underline my point that the 'emergency' extends much further than the dreaded £308K, and therefore must be addressed with the clearance of other pressing debts an assured action ?.

AND..If this statement from Rob Heys is accurate :- "I think it would be great if we could find a way to keep the dialogue open and to find someway that everybody can come together.
"Whether that's by David O'Neil [Accrington chairman] perhaps relinquishing some of the control that he's got and maybe the supporter's fund taking that onboard. I think it's really important that we find a way."
..then it gives me some confidence to stop asking 'QUO VADIS STANLEY?'.

To hear such an enlightened declaration at this stage in the proceedings has
awakened a primeval stirring within me not known since I was introduced to the Ladies Underwear section of Gratton's Catalogue at the back of Form 2B !..

Someone once said...'Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.'...and he was right!!

Hopefully this thinking will lead to the beginning of a lasting solution to these wearing problems which are bringing our proud club to it's knees ?

' SOSTENUTO STANLEY !!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote