View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:07   #1
STANLEYCRAP
Junior Member+

Stanley deserve to die

All this save our Stanley mumbo jumbo is rubbish.The club should go back to playing in non league were it belongs.Before you start I was watching Stanley back in the Cheshire League in the days of Parr,Finn etc and have had enough season tickets to qualify for a pension.
Lets put some facts on the table.
1] The town has not got the support needed to sustain a league club..sad but true
2] Hence the club like the old Stanley at Peel Park will always be on the edge of a financial crisis pleading for people to dip in there pockets and pull them out of the mire.

So the above two points you cannot really argue with they are facts whether you like it or not and history supports them 100%.

So why are Stanley in the mess they are in ?
Here are some more facts

1] Stanley have not paid the tax man for years .Work it out £308,000 owed. By my estimates I cannot see them having paid any tax since they joined the league...maybe even before that. Any other business would have been wound up long ago for non payment.

Why have they not paid and whose at fault.
Answer ERIC WHALLEY
This is the man who continually preached via TV etc that Stanley operated within there budget and owed no one a penny. LIES AND DAMNED LIES.

As the day of destiny approached he bailed out. Oh he liked the adulation of taking Stanley back into the big time and his ego was massaged and he loved that.He even became a bit of a celebrity.But all along to keep Stanley in the League he was running the club into the ground.
Believe you me it was not just the tax man he would not pay.
He alienated most of the businesses in the area.He took there sponsorship money and goodwill and gave them little in return. Fraser Eagle are one of many to say hey we are not getting what we paid for.
I have dealt with numerous businesses in East Lancs that have all been treated shoddily by Stanley. All have sworn never to get involved again as a result of that experience.
The reality is Eric Whalley lived for the day and his policies were short sighted and selfish.They damaged and tarnished the club amongst the business community.A community that the club alienated.
People who dealt with Eric through his business EW Cartons will tell you the same story.
Eric always wanted someone else to pick up the bill and now he has passed that legacy to the people of Accrington.

Under Eric Accrington was a proffesional club in name only !
He employed unexperienced kids behind the scenes in key roles. Anyone he appointed with any experience usually had a very short stay.Eric liked to rule by fear and the more mature experienced employee was not likely to put up with his bullying.

Th reality is if you employ monkeys.....well you get mistakes.Mistakes like forms not filled in that nearly cost Stanley a points deduction and there precios league status.

IF YOU TRY TO RUN THINGS ON THE CHEAP......IF YOU DONT PAY THE TAXMAN ...what do you think will happen.

If they ever try to erect an Eric Whalley statue in Accy god forgive me.I would buy a bulldozer honestly.

So whats the answer. Well sadly the club should may survive this time round but unless someone with big pockets comes along the time will come again rest assured. The population of Accrington in the late 50/60s got so used to the rallying cry that the club was on the brink that they became immune to it.

Maybe sometimes you just have to accept your part in life. For STANLEY maybe thats competing with the likes of Lancaster City and Guiseley.
STANLEYCRAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web