View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 09:32   #138
Ceejache

Re: Campaign To Keep The Arndale Clock

So if HBC have decided to keep it and are just looking for a suitable site then why haven't they replied to Kipax? I doubt if any further action has been taken by the council or any thought gone into the issue since it was dismantled. I noticed that there was no quote from anyone at HBC - this makes me wonder whether the issue has been worked on since this started or whether the Observer are just reporting HBC's statement from when the clock was first offered to them. Hopefully though this kind of publicity will force HBC to get their collective lame arses into gear. I believe that the idea of re-locating the clock has maybe been on HBC's agenda all along - but that the lack of a suitable place is the only (rather large) stumbling block. It would be nice of them to let Kipax know of their intentions instead of finding out through the local paper which worrying contained no official comment from the council.

Well done to all concerned including the Observer, but "protest meetings were organised" - don't you just love the press' poetic license?!