View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 00:31   #5
Mancie
God Member

Re: Conservative Government 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Good Question, and i'm not sure of the answer!! The problem is now, rightly or wrongly, everyone associates everything thats going wrong in the world and britain today, as being at least in part down to the labour government, and therefore as its figurehead...Gordon Brown. The two big problems labour have is that Brown is not a born leader, he's not a spokesman, he cant communicate with the general public, so whatever his qualities are...they arn't hitting home with the public. So basically he should go!!

Which leads to the second problem....there really is no one who stands out behind him as being an out and out leader of the party, who would command respect of public and party loyalists. Yes there are one or two obvious candidates who could take over, but none who really would engage both with the party and the public, and provide a more dynamic and charismatic leadership which is needed at this time.

Plus as ive touched on in another thread, at the moment the labour leadership is very much a poisoned chalice, they expect to lose the election, and then have a leadership contest afterwards, so they would all rather keep their powder dry at the moment, wait for the enivitable to happen, and mount a challenge after an election when they have nothing to lose...yes its a cowards way out...but then again..we are talking politics here!!

I must admit i watched the tory conference, and thought this is the weakest shadow cabinet ive seen in living memory.....yet they are still stonking favourites to hammer labour....which really says it all doesn't it!

Best Regards - Taggy
a very good summary of the present and future as far as the political situation will evolve.. hate to say this Taggy but you got it spot on!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote