View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 14:59   #77
shakermaker
God Member

Re: Today's Programme

Doug, you speak of the ASSF needing a "a clear framework, long term action plan and a strong constitution" in order to be involved with the club. As far as we know, David O'Neill has none of these things; neither has he the finances that the ASSF had, which is what the club are in desperate need of at the moment. Long term plans won't satisfy HMRC.

The club have been saying that the ASSF offer would've just been a quick fix offering no long term solution, which is absolutely ridiculous. It was the only long term solution.

Some expect us to survive by the skin of our teeth come judgment day, whereas I'm pretty much resigned to defeat. I think either O'Neill & Co will come up with some silly offer which will be laughed off by HMRC, or a large amount of debt will be created in the form of directors' loans in order to pay the tax. Davo07 is completely correct in my opinion when he says that David O'Neill has a track record of spin over substance as far as ASFC is concerned.

Both Mr Khan and Mr O'Neill stated that they won't let the club fold. Only one of them backed up their statement with a large cash offer, and he was turned away.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote