View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 18:26   #141
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: What’s good about Accrington/Hyndburn, what makes you proud?

We've had a Mela or two before without problems. If this was racist motivated then perhaps the people who did it don't realise that it isn't only Asians who enjoy a Mela. It should be an opportunity for people to mix and mingle and enjoy themselves. We also have other examples of loud music in the park which should be open to enjoyment by all. Whoever chose to destroy the bandstand has spoiled the enjoyment for many people.

Just a quick bit of a wander back to what ceejache was saying about school governors not wanting to expel pupils because they would lose money - as a school governor I'd just like to point out that it's not the governors who lose the money it is the school and consequently the teachers because if there is less money available for resources etc it makes their job more difficult. If teachers don't appreciate that governors are trying to do their best for the school (that includes pupils and teachers) and bear in mind it is a totally voluntary commitment and often very time consuming governors can become very discouraged. I wouldn't want to be a teacher myself in this day and age with the discipline problem in classrooms and teachers in a no win situation. We had an incident of a child throwing furniture at the staff. That child had to be removed from the classroom environment as he was a danger to staff and other pupils.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote