View Single Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:44   #55
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
I know what your saying uk but the tickets are worth £150 and a shirt probably £40 so it's only really £60 for the share that's my view on it and people have given a lot more than that in fundraising events.

Just my view
Dress it up whichever way you want, but if the club sell all 1,000 shares in the next 2 weeks, it still comes down to the fact that Do'N and the remainder of the board will have got the club saved for free and still retain the right to run the club how they see fit. The maths add up as follows £250k for shares + over £100k in SOS fund (when you include Rovers game + Aztecs game and all other funds not yet listed). So that is £350k+ and what rights have share holders got, exactly none except to attend an infrequent AGM. Sorry Shurm, Redskin et al, I am with UKCowboy on this one.

However, if the story in the Evening Telegraph is to be believed and the end of the tax bill is nigh, i.e. bill paid and shares issued to repay short term loan from a local businessperson, then yes it may just be a good idea and in which case, I would probably purchase one if and when funds are available

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 14-10-2009 at 10:48.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote