View Single Post
Old 14-10-2009, 17:46   #91
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I will guess 100%
I think you are being very buoyant. OK....alot of the guys on this website will take up the offer. But are people on here representative of your typical ASFC fan, in terms of the money they have available to purchase these shares? I think not...my guess is that the posters on here have a financial profile with an higher average disposable income than that of the other 1200 or so attending fans

Aside from that, there is no prospectus that I have seen relating to this share issue other than the details published on the club website. It would appear that there are no inherent voting rights with these shares and as for possible future dividends, I think you can forget about it - those will be confined to the A shares.

To put it quite simply, if this was a share issue offered by a business other than a football club such as Stanley, with the immense brand loyalty that it commands, no investor would touch it with the proverbial bargepole.

Nevertheless, these shares will be purchased. But like previous over-optimistic projections on turnstile income, I doubt if the share offer will be fully taken up - and I also doubt if it has been underwritten. I suspect the the powers-that-be are looking at an anticipated take up figure of 500, which with the rest of the funds available should just get us out of the mess - for now. 'Owt more will be a bonus

Last edited by Tealeaf; 14-10-2009 at 17:49.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web