Thread: New NHS report
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2009, 15:23   #24
bullseyebarb

Re: New NHS report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You seem confused. Don't forget that there is a strong current of "screw you bud, I'm alright" among priveleged Americans. I think Barb is leading a campaign to change the motto of the US from "E Pluribus Unum" to something like "Chacun pour soi" ... if the American poor want health care, they can always join the military and get their asses shot off in places like Viet Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Hey there, Mr. Cheapshot. Whatever you do, don't let the facts get in your way. You may scoff at my opinions but at least they are based on the actual experience of having lived with a variety of delivery systems, including the British NHS. If your NHS is superior and more equitable, how come so many Canadians come to the U.S. for medical care? And let's not forget all of those Canadian doctors and nurses now working in American hospitals.

As for your little crack about our military personnel - what place does that have on a thread about the NHS? I realize that it has long been in vogue to pigeonhole every member of the U.S. military as some poverty-stricken, ill educated rube. But you, sir, ought to be ashamed for indulging in such language.

For your edification, my husband came from a solid middle-class family and interrupted his education in order to enlist in the U.S. Army. He volunteered to serve in Viet Nam. It has been my priviledge to know many of the men he served with. They returned home and went on to have successful careers, long-term marriages and raise decent, productive children. I am confident that those currently serving will do the same.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote