Thread: New NHS report
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2009, 17:50   #27
bullseyebarb

Re: New NHS report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I'll tell you why it is a hard slog for you Bullseyebarb...60-70yrs ago citizens in this country had to pay direct for any health care which the vast majority of "fully functioning" adults could not afford for themselves nor their children.. that is why the NHS was formed...get it?

I do get it. That's the point. All I am attempting to do here is make you think outside the box. I was hoping that Eric would have weighed in by now, since my previous post was directed at him. To my knowledge, he has never explained why residents of any country with a National Health Service should ever find it necessary to travel to the U.S. for medical treatment. It's a simple enough question - but perhaps the answer is too difficult for him to spin.

I predate the advent of the British NHS. I was born into a typical working class family of the period. Growing up, I had my share of childhood illnesses and accidents. Yet, (amazingly, if your account is to be believed), my parents somehow managed to procure the services of a physician whenever necessary. I guess they considered that to be a priority. And they were far from alone in that.

The inherent danger of allowing government to take over such a critical aspect of life is that it can then exert a tremendous amount of control over you. The issue becomes a political weapon and a dandy vote buying tool. They own you. Acquiescence in one area only encourages the government to expand its role and pretty soon they are into everything....and taxing you up the wazoo for the priviledge.

Can you at least be honest enough to admit that?
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote