View Single Post
Old 21-10-2009, 15:51   #52
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Rochdale Sponsored Walk

I drove the route the other night. It is exactly 13.6 miles to the pub and exactly 15 miles to Spottyland. The half way point is the motorway flyover in the dip at Edenfield.

The Brown Cow has been confirmed for arrivals from around 11:30 onwards and are expecting between 80-100 people. I have names for 68 people + however many of The Ultras are doing it. 2 buses have been booked with one more on standby just in case anybody has ignored my appeals to get their names down. The buses will be free to all walkers. There may be space left on a bus if anybody has made their own way there but needs a lift back. Price will be £5 and will go into the appeal fund on my sponsorship sheet (not counted towards any prizes though!)

I am still trying to sort out water for the walkers and its 50/50 whether I can get it or not - so if anybody knows any really nice superstore owners who are willing to sponsor us to the tune of around 300/400 small bottles of water we'll try to be nice regards advertising!!!

The walk will set off from the club shop at around 7am - depending how long it takes to get every name down.

thanks you all for your participation - whether it is walking or sponsoring somebody and lets just hope that the club are true to their word and we are not walking to our last ever Stanley match. In the rain.