View Single Post
Old 22-10-2009, 17:08   #870
Doug
Member.

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

This is all conjecture and therefore may offend some

My guess would be that the club are trying to negotiate a large down payment i.e. £200k and the remaining £108k plus any fees over the next four quarters. Why? There’s a good chance of the club doing exceptionally well on the pitch over the course of the season and they are thinking that any money held back may facilitate any financial increases in running/player costs etc. It would mean that the bank accounts would look in better health and with the winding order lifted the club would be better placed to raise interest amongst the commercial sector i.e. sponsors.

If they pay in full (and they should) there may be ****** all left in the bank until long term plans like the Share Issue came on stream and the club will end up having to sell the likes of Grant or Symes in order to maintain the club, they themselves could only maintain inward investment from their own pockets for a short period of time.

I’m sorry but the like of the ASSF & ST wouldn’t help in anyway whatsoever over the next three or four years because of the lack of commercial interest; the only way out for us and the club is bums on seats, large gates for a couple of seasons and long term plans like the share issue being a sell out, there will be no big advances from the banks and in current financial climate and I don’t think there will be any large scale investment by a commercial sponsor, reason being there’s no large gate of potential buyers for their products, nor is there the potential for wide scale exposure via the TV or Internet because there’s no full time televised coverage; even radio coverage has no commercial interest for sponsors because we seem to have stopped covering live games under the mistaken belief that it will create smaller gates (bollocks in my view)

Its time to talk the club up I’m afraid, we the supporters, the council, local business that derives income from Stanley, people like Mr. Khan with cash to burn and a willingness to do it and the Club (yes them) need to all pull together, working together to survive.

Mr. O’Neil, current share holders and the Directors have got to take the lead here, yes there will be a need for a degree of openness from them, but we will have to trust them in return, because there is no way we will ever know exactly what’s happening in the club.

Get on with it David.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote