View Single Post
Old 24-10-2009, 16:15   #112
Taggy
Senior Member+

Re: Government Trying to Abolish DLA and Attendance Allowance?

I guess we will just have to differ in our approach to this really. I totally agree with what you say about change being needed, however i do feel you are underestimating the likelihood of these benefits being attacked and cut.

I prefer to take a proactive approach to this rather than reactive, i want the Government to know at this stage whilst they are in the process of sounding out opinions, that people do not, under any circumstances, want their financial benefits reduced, to be replaced wholely or in part, with "Benefit in Kind" I dont think the evidence is scant, i think its there for all to see, but craftely hidden by scattering a few phrases around the Green paper in the hope they wouldn't be noticed.

I'd love to hear what the response would be, if it was suggested that some or all of job seekers allowance, should be replaced by Food or Utility Bill vouchers!

As i said, this is the only part of the Green Paper i'm objecting to at this stage, and its only this part that the petition is aimed at too. However i dont want to look back later, and realise the Horse has already bolted, and that my effort then is too little too late. The Green Paper is about seeking out views....so now is the time to air them.

Best Regards - Taggy

Last edited by Taggy; 24-10-2009 at 16:18.
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote