View Single Post
Old 26-10-2009, 09:13   #51
lancsdave
God Member

Re: "red letter day ??"

Article now online;

UNDER pressure chairman Dave O'Neill has told Accrington Stanley’s fans to leave the sleepless nights to him as D-Day for the cash-strapped club approaches.
Stanley must repay £308,000 to the taxman on Wednesday to avoid being wound up – and O’Neill is confident the bill will be paid tomorrow.
Speaking to the Lancashire Telegraph, O’Neill declared: “Yes we are going to beat it, of course we are going to make it.
“On a scale of one to 10, we are a nine now. We have one or two things coming in on Monday but at this stage we are happy with it (the state of fundraising).”
But O’Neill admits that it hasn’t been all plain sailing and added: “We had a bit of a let down on Friday. “I can’t mention names, but a guy promised us £25,000 and let us down, so we are a little bit short at the minute.
“But we have one or two things to come through on Monday. Ilyas Khan is not involved.”
When asked the timescale of the payback and whether O’Neill would be in the High Court on Wednesday, he said: “I don’t want to go (to London). All the bank transfer will be done on Tuesday.
“A few fans have said they are not sleeping. Let me do the not sleeping.”