View Single Post
Old 28-10-2009, 17:25   #26
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Dog fouling worse than ever...

I know you think it is getting worse G.H., but if you had been born at least 20 years earlier, you will notice the difference up to the present day. Didn't really think much about it then to be honest ...just oh blimey, more dog muck on yer shoes .. clean it off, then get on with it. Not pleasant .. was just an acceptance.

I really don't know what else our councils can do. They can now spot fine people; have put up bins to put the dog's pooh in to be taken away and dumped in a safe way; notices on lamp posts. Very rarely now do you see dogs wandering alone on the streets .. is soon reported by residents and dogs are carted off to the dog pound. Wandering dogs were ignored years ago, unless they looked to be in some sort of distress. Also, can report offending dog owners. All at great expense ... not knocking it at all.

With regard to your remarks on 'Health Hazard', the toxocariasis fear is what triggered all these measures to be put in place by our councils .. not just the muck on the soles of your shoes.

I really don't know what else can be done.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote