Old 30-10-2009, 18:36   #73
Eric
God Member

Re: Kingston Canada > Not in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ross View Post
Hi,
Welcome.
It seems you see "trees standing". My point is that although Canada may not be in the Bible but Jesus came to save Canadians. Now my concern is to continue seeing Jesus bless Accrington.
You see that Kingston "falls short of the glory of God". Fine. There will be no earthly city that reaches that standard. However that does not excuse me from trying to make Kingston a better place (if thats what people there want).
I dont think jesus should make an exception of citizens of Kingston and deny them salvation?
Yours sincerely,
Alex
Canadians can take care of themselves ... all of us, Europeans, Asians, First Nations (who subscribe to a spirituality that I sometimes feel attracted to), whether we speak Cree, English, French, Manderin, G'wcihen or whatever ...

I agree with Barb (this must be the third of fourth time I've done this); lose the megaphone ... join in the general debate, but don't try to hijack it by assuming that your positioin brooks no rational argument or rebuttal.

There is a little verse from the First World War; I hope Retlaw will correct me if I get it wrong:

Gott straffe England;
God Save the King;
God do this, God do that;
God do everything.
Good God! said God;
I've got my work cut out.

I would argue that God takes a lot of time off work: 1914-1918, and 1939-1945 were just two examples ... it's not surprising that many historians view the First World War as the beginning of the period of decline of organized religion as a force in people's daily lives, particularly in Europe.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote