View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 15:46   #32
expatriate

Re: 'red letter ?'.. Mark 2 !

jeff, i think that most of the more engaged journalists had more than a sense of the actual reality, but as with all responsible journalism, they want to be able to publish attributable and verifiable information. I have only just started to get some decent quality information as i have engaged directly with asfc counterparts (the courts, the revenue dept, the pfa, footy league etc), and come up with facts rather than supposition. I am sure that the papers will get there in their own good time. Right now, our concern is the survival of the club on weds. I have one or two more calls out to establish the full extent of the "black hole". I rather suspect that our chairman who has no clothes on (to use a mild analogy) is also very financially stressed. It may well be that the root of the problem is that TEWNC ('the emperor with no clothes") has made three very simple mistakes that are now compounding. the sad thing is that in his blind desire only to focus on his self interest, he has harmed the club and this town, and this community.

1. he desperately wanted to own the club and miscalculated his ability to step up to the late. what i mean is that he did not possess the means to pursue his ambition.

2. once he got into the situation, he found that not only did he lack financial means, he lacked managerial and executive ability. the way he has handled things since June is farcical.

3. he loves the idea of being "chairman" without having any idea of what that means in terms of accountability. why, otherwise, say you are "owner" etc if you dont own a single share.

I have no idea what deal has been made between oneil and whalley. half of me hopes i am wrong and oneil is going to jump out of the woodwork and prove us all wrong on item 3, and show that in fact he is the owner, and that he is just guilty of items 1 and 2. Somehow that seems unlikely.

on Whalley, i have no capacity to focus on his situation. It will take a forensic audit (and a bit of time) in order to establish his part in the sorry saga, thats for sure.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote