View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:57   #10
emzy
Senior Member+

Re: Oak House Dentist

I was fortunate enough to get in with this practice when it opened. I do rate them highly. I went through quite a bit of dental work last year (due to being without a dentist for a number of years) and they were fantastic. The work took longer than planned but that was because I agreed to have that course of treatment carried out by the student dentists. But what they have done has been fine, and everyone needs to learn somehow, they are under supervision so felt quite safe opting for this. The boys are also with this surgery and their dentist is fantastic with them (they have been going since they were 2 so were young when they started going)

I went to a surgery in darwen for emergency treatment before getting on with this practice and they carried out work, gave me a temporary filling (which didnt last a week) but did give me an appointment to return in a week for further treatment, they then called on the monring of the appointment and cancelled and would not offer me a further one and told me to contact NHS direct for emergency treatment (again) if i had any further problems. Due to them leaving the tooth as it was, the nerve died and I ended up having to have it removed (by Oak House) and on extraction of the tooth they already had a denture ready and waiting to go in (they took moulds etc in advance of the extraction) so had it all planned and sorted for me so i wouldnt be without a tooth (which was quite near the front and visible when i spoke etc) So yes, I do think they are a very good surgery and would nto hesitate in recomending them. The only warning I could give about them is not to miss appointments with them. Due to the NHS dental waiting list being so long they will remove you from their books if you fail to attend appointments.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote