View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 19:13   #121
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Puzzle for kaytex

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Do not accuse me of not being a tenacious apprentice of this research into this matter of the pre-Railway Hotel name. Have just spent over 2 hours in the Local Studies of the library. Seemingly, "Retlaw had just left the building !" so we are not destined to meet, unless you were the gentleman with the walking stick I held the door open for ...
No you did'nt hold the door open for me, you would have run if you'd seen me, Freddy Kreuger looked like a saint compared to me, by the way leess of the gentleman when you refer to me.
So far, the occupant of the Railway Hotel in 1851 was a John Stevenson and his family. I know I am correct ... was in your records.

Did cross reference with 1841 records .. he was a coachman then. Only person I could find with the title of Innkeeper on Blackburn Street/Road was a George Kendall ... no name of establishment ... damn

Back to the drawing board.
were you looking at my index of the 1841 census and came across George Kendal. If so he is the man I didn't enter the name of the establishment when I printed that out for the library, its on the version in my computer though.
Knew you were no good as a detective, I was trained by my great uncle Sherlock of Baker St.

So carry on gnashing your teeth, and so much for your ability to control men.
Now who's laughing. ME.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 10-11-2009 at 19:17.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web