View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 22:47   #123
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Puzzle for kaytex

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Unfortunately .. no idea how to hack a computer...

So, George Kendal is the correct Innkeeper then in 1841 ? So why did you say the 1851 and 1841 linked up then, seeing it was a John Stevenson in 1851 who was the Innkeeper ?
Because you just looked for one particular building, check the other properties and the people to get the location.
That blooming Ancestry site is a real rip off .. know tis showing him .. but not putting any more money on that one .. lost some with not using my £6.95 within 14 days ... arrrgh.
I use Ancestry every time I'm in the library, that way you don't have to pay, the research I'm doing would cost a fortune, so far I've got the records of 196 men who served in the 11th Battalion East Lancs, plus 330 others and I've just started on the letter D. done A's & B's, not looked at the pension records yet.
Your a daft beggar, paying some Septic, for what are British records.
(and before you ask, Septic Tanks is rhyming slang for Yanks)
Just give us a clue .. when was it built ? The library seem to have a few years missing in their trade directories, had inns for 1821, then nothing up until it was called the Railway.
If you stand at the front door of that pub, and look south, the answer is right in front of you.

Retlaw

Last edited by Retlaw; 10-11-2009 at 22:53.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote