View Single Post
Old 17-11-2009, 00:21   #18
DAV007
Senior Member+

Re: the first couple of weeks...

Iylas.
Thankyou for your update.
A few questions

The Eric Whalley to Dave O'neill share sale has become a pantomime and no realistic date seems likely for the transfer. I believe due to the prolonged nature of the sale/transfer and the current financial inability of Mr Oneill this is likely to go into next year if not next season.
Is there enough respect for yourself and Eric Whalley to sit down and arrange a deal for these shares/club ownership?
If Eric Whalley is unwilling to speak/negotiate with you; if a fans trust was to apporach him - do you think it may provide more fruitful?
I accept and support your plea for fans to support the current board members Rob Heys and Dave O'Neill; however you must understand neither of these men will be respected or trusted to the pre-tax fiasco status/levels.
If we could prevent Dave O'neill for taking majority ownership and ultimatly control of the club; negotiating with the current chairman Eric Whalley may be the best option for turning Accrington Stanley into a genuine community club.

Second question.
The club are set to release a new shirt and merchandise range. Most fans will desire to purchase the merchandise and team wear to support the club but are concerned the profits will go straight into the pockets of Dave O'neill.
Again I accept your request for support for Dave Oneill, but please understand his deceit/behaviour and financial mismanagement/cover up has left some fans questioning investing/spending further capital at the club as it may profit the man who went to court with no more than an oliver twist plea ('please sir can i have some more'(time)).
Are you able or when do you expect to be able to ensure all income streams are retained and re-invested in the club?

Third question.
The players betting scandal has left a blemish on the clubs infamous name.
We where promised a full internal investigation into the scenario to establish what had taken place. This investigation has never been released and rumours persist the problem was bigger and more wide spread than the original FA charge.
May I ask, are we ever likely to see a internal investigation released/briefed out the the fans?
What is your stance on players found guilty returning to play for the club?

fourth and final question

I fully understand you have been in your current role for a very short period of time.
But I wish to ask, what long term vision do you have for the current ground and its location?
Do you percieve a new stand as a realistic medium/long term goal?
Do you believe new stands/facilitys generate enough income to support a substancial investment?
DO new stadia justify the huge investment required in infastructure?
When you consider the clubs infastructure, is your understanding of long term 5, 10, 20, 50 years?

Thank you for your time and understanding.
Regards,
David.

p.s. I apologise for any spelling mistakes, my new born is keeping me up to the early hours and im not the most grammatically gifted.

Last edited by DAV007; 17-11-2009 at 00:27.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote