View Single Post
Old 18-11-2009, 18:11   #28
expatriate

Re: the first couple of weeks...

OK guys. here goes with some further clarification and hopefully answers. i will deal with the long post by dave0007. i dont know how to keep all your points in "sight" and still answer from the small box, so if i miss something, please let me know.

1. the eric whalley shareholding question is a bit borderline, but after having thought it through, i guess its fair game. You are correct in your assumption that there is no communication between myself and Eric. I cannot see that changing. As far as the resolution of the situation between him and David O Neil is concerned, I have taken the view that David will deal with Eric, and hopefully bring the matter to a successful resolution. As far as David is concerned, he went on the record two weeks ago and admitted that whilst he has secured a deal to buy whalley's shares, that deal has not yet been completed. I am not privy to all the details, and even if I were, I think it best to currently assume that it is a private matter, therefore I accept David's view that he will be able to complete within a short period of time. I know its a question on everyone's mind, but I have made it clear to David, and to everyone else, that I will look forward to welcoming the change in the register, since that is David's objective.

2. Your question about cash going into the club. I cannot talk about the past, but since I became chairman, each and every penny has been used for the club's benefit. Your question is awkward to answer beyond that, since I woudl be open to a charge of undermining the team if I suggested that i had doubts about this statement. I will therefore say that nothing i have witnessed or seen in the past two weeks has led me to believe that David or Rob or anyone else will do anything other than carry out their fiduciary obligations. I do note the continuing worries about the discrepancy between reported SOS and actual cash remittance, but I have accepted the club as its face value, and I would ask all others to do the same. More importantly, if anything goes awry in the future, then the buck stops here. I close this part by repeating that I honestly do not see anything wrong in the actions of anyone at the club with respect to cash management, and I think that Peter and David are with me in confirming that if anything ever was to go wrong, the culprit would be pursued with all the force and vigour that the law affords. I hope you and all fans will now start to see that we are a community club, and need not only your support, but your trust. Please judge us now by our actions, not by our words.

3. the question about betting/match fixing I am afraid is impossible for me to answer. A few other people have raised the same question, and all i can offer is the assurance that the matter has been dealt with. However you post reminds me to try and find out (for my own benefit) a few more facts. I think this issue is mercifully behind us.

4. I dont know of any plan other than to remain at the crown ground, so the infrastructure refit/rebuild has to be long term. In footy terms long term has to be 5yrs, and in some cases it might be more. There are so many things that need fixing (the ground itself and that awful slope), the stands, public facilities. I could go on. My priority right now is to repay debt, then focus on strengthening Coley's team, and then the other facility issues. I wish i could be more direct, but I hope that by easter I might be more definitive. IN the past I know that the club has over promised and under delivered. As a fan, rather than an owner, I want to restore that balance to the more healthy one of keeping our expectations in line with reality. I believe all directors are the same view.

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote