View Single Post
Old 19-11-2009, 13:04   #67
***Mr D***
Senior Member+

Re: Well I'm boycotting Asda! *Merged*

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
If this is aimed at me Mancie, then I take issue with you calling me or a member of my family liars (a family member who was with the lady in question), this debacle was posted on several forums (and not by me), and is in the local (to the asda in question) newspaper, asda would sue if it were not a true account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I've just been poking around Asda's website and this was on there

Help for Heroes wristband row: investigation completed
We’ve come to the end of our investigation at Asda Rochdale and can’t find any truth in the allegation that one of our colleagues refused to serve a customer for wearing a Help for Heroes wristband.

Our regional operations manager Paul Rowland said: “We’ve completed our investigation and it’s clear this exchange never happened. We’ve interviewed over 400 colleagues in the store, examined over three days worth of CCTV footage and talked to other customers and we can find absolutely no evidence that a colleague said what was alleged.”

The investigation has taken longer than some people expected because of the number of people we had to interview.

“We are disappointed and angry that right-wing groups are using this mythical incident to whip up racial hatred,” said Paul. “Thankfully the people of Rochdale will see straight through that. We remain big supporters of the work our troops do serving our country.”

Looks like it was someone stiring up trouble.
So whos Lying then?