View Single Post
Old 20-11-2009, 20:09   #7
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Would you call this art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
A dance artist who has epilepsy has made the decision to stop taking her medication to try to induce a seizure/fit whatever you want to call it
Shillelagh, as an sufferer of this condition, you obviously know the diffence between a seizure and a fit, you should be educating people NOT belittling the difference (and i'm guessing you are tonic/clonic)

Bernadette..I have no doubt you are speaking the truth, mistakes happen,but, the main causes of death in epilepsy are SUDEP and Status Eplepticus..
SUDEP (sudden death in epilepsy), still being researched. the jury is still out, BUT (without going too deep) early research states if someone is around it can be avoided.
STATUS..usually consultants recognise who is likely to go into Status and medicate accordingly (rectal diazepam etc..)

Gayle..What to do if someone has an epileptic seizure?....NOTHING!!!!..except make them comfortable, ensure their safety, reassure, and stay with them.

You know I've read this article....I can't actually find what kind of epilepsy (out of the thouands of variations) the dancer suffers from?

For the rest of you................You do realise that 'deja vu' can be classed as a mild epileptic seizure, as can that feeling of falling just as you wake up

Last edited by Guinness; 20-11-2009 at 20:12.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote