View Single Post
Old 23-11-2009, 19:32   #7
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: GET OUT - YOU'RE BARRED!!!!..Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
too many to even remember suppose the funniest was the "Horseshoe" on union rd ossy, one friday night, chucked up in the back room, went n told the landlord n asked fer a mop n bucket, when to my horror he produced a baynot from behind the bar n came charging at me, never ran as fast in me life. got past palladium n he gave up, so we carried on down union rd cursing him etc, got just before Church station n was roadworks wi the owd Red lanterns marking the hole, kicked em down the hole in temper into about 9" of water, used to be a "Police Substation" just under the bridge across rd, a plod had just left it n heard the racket, needless to say he told me to get down the trench n get the lamps out, was sodden me suit n shoes ruined, but was better than getting done! certainly a friday night to remember, happy days. would be about mid/late 60s.
Good job you were running downhill towards Church, and not uphill..otherwise you might not have made it, Still, I suppose they might might have renamed a pub after the incident...just think, we could now be drinking in the Baynot & Cashman, instead of the Tinker and Budget.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote