View Single Post
Old 28-11-2009, 22:54   #32
MargaretR
God Member

Re: Natural Spring (Water)- any nearby?

Tonight, on my birthday outing (next week really - you haven't missed it - a birthday thread will be appreciated), I had chance to have a serious dicussion about water with my geology grandson, and it seems he knows more about it than I expected (not just a paleoentologist- well not many dinosaurs hereabouts are there - Less and Tealeaf excepted )

We discussed sedentary rocks in this area and it seems that any water that 'bubbles up' around these parts would be lacking in magnesium, and that is why our water is 'soft'.

My son knows of a spring which bubbles up cleanly on farmland at Stanhill, and he is on friendly terms with the farmer.
So the result of my investigation - I have located a spring and can have access to it.
The water it provides will be better than tap water but I will still need need to take a magnesium supplement -so it might not be worth the hassle putting on my wellies.
I will decide when I am sober.

A good night has been had by all.
Francos, then the Tiger Lounge, where my goeology grandson happens to be manager whilst he awaits discovey of dinosaurs locally

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote