View Single Post
Old 18-12-2009, 19:36   #4
sparkie
Senior Member+

Re: Moments of the Decade

A few things stand out in my mind from games in the last 10 years:

Firstly, Rory Prendergasts little piroette (sp) during his penalty run up against Bournemouth in the FA Cup replay, made me even more nervous than I thought I already was!!! I still can't help thinging what a tool he'd have looked if he'd have missed!!!!

Secondly, hearing the roar go up when Andy Gouck scored THAT goal against Huddersfield and wondering to myself why on earth I was playing footy on the old Accs pitches next door instead of being at the game!!!

Thirdly, Steve Jagielka's screaming volley against Halifax at the Shay, in the live sky game. I was stewarding in front of the Halifax fans when that happened and I had to hide every bit of emotion for fear of getting decked!!!

Fourth would be stood on the Crown pitch when the Conference trophy was presented and getting photos of some rather elated if rather tipsy players!!!

Fifth, the fancy dress outing to Christie Park, laughing at certain players on both teams doing a double take at being photographed by a bright green leprechaun!!!!! And the constant noise we made that night and not just from the ultras )
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote