View Single Post
Old 24-12-2009, 09:14   #96
Bernard Dawson
Senior Member+

Re: Area Management Calendars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Of course I received my calendar, fragrently hand delivered, but two rather anemic photographs was another bitter disappointment, especially after the twelve glorious images of Cllr. Britcliffe we were granted the other year.

(See linked thread for details.)

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...hly-18823.html

If H.B.C. are worried not every resident has details of how to contact the council, and their councillors, perhaps a calendar should be sent out with the council tax bills, which contained all the necessary contact details. It could even run April to April, like the tax year.

After all every household receives one, unlike the current calendar/Christmas card lottery system we seem to have at present.

The cost of posting need not increase. They could just send the bills and calendar, and dump all the bumph about how to pay your bill in three other languages besides English, since Hyndburn still happens to be in England, at least nominally.
There's already quite a few ways in which the Council contacts people, without the need for calendars. Also more and more people are now on line of course, which helps.

In all the years on the Council, I cant recall many instances of people telling me that they didn't know how to contact the Council. Getting the Council to do something about the problem that they may be ringing up about, well that's a different point.

Last edited by Bernard Dawson; 24-12-2009 at 09:17.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote