View Single Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:27   #38
lancsdave
God Member

Re: Do We Want The Coppice End?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
If we do have to have an all-seater stadium, it's my understanding that there's some leeway towards the stewards turning a blind eye to standing fans. My son-in-law, who's a Hull season ticket holder tells me that they stand all the way through the match and the stewards don't hassle them.
At the Turf the away fans generally get to stand while the home fans are subject to thuggery tactics from the stewards ( which I might add have got worse since they were outsourced a few years ago) I've even had to report one myself a couple of years who threatened to have me thrown out if I kept standing. He really didn't get the point he was standing in front of me and blocking my view, he just wanted to try and find somebody he could use his authority on.. He was banned from working at the ground after I reported him

As DAV007 said earlier there are certain grounds which turn a blind eye, take a look at the Kop next time you watch a Liverpool game. However as Mr T also says the club have to 'officially' toe the line.