View Single Post
Old 26-12-2009, 18:37   #42
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but...

I am an atheist, I was brought up C of E, that was bad enough, My 'Lapsed' Catholic friends think I got away with it lightly.

I personally think, what the heck, a child starts questioning what they have been taught by rote, do they deserve to be punished or should the teacher be honest?

I will always go with honesty, it is a subject that leaves us all with doubt's, life starts getting you down or nature throws a wobbly, we all sort of hope there is a God, a blessed parent better even than the parents we know, 'Our' parents looked after us, they helped us survive until this particular crisis.

They did it naturally, their religion has to come second, unfortunately we get impressed by their beliefs, some are good some are bad.

If you wish to turn up to a midnight Mass and enjoy it with other people of similar Ilk, why should it matter if the 'Alter Boy', is a girl, or that the Priest/Vicar is Married or even gay?

So long as you get a benefit from it & you aren't forcing it on others by saying, "This is the way it has to be done.

Everyone should be able to live together.

Tell me a Jew or a Muslim or someone of a similar faith to yourselves is wrong then obviously, you are wrong not them, live with what you find content, but don't tell others how to live their lives, (they just might be there when you need a helping hand).

Last edited by Less; 26-12-2009 at 18:41.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote