View Single Post
Old 27-12-2009, 20:21   #21
dabeast
Full Member+

Re: Moments of the Decade

1) gouck goal against Huddersfield - watching Stanley for the first time on tv having been told to by my parents (both big fans from the unibond days). It's fair to say I caught the bug that day.

2) Gary's equalizer at the Shay in the conference winning season. Just as he struck the ball I was stood next to me dad and he said "this'll tell us if were going up or not this season". I just said "it's in" and then the away end went mental.

3) same season the morecambe game live on sky. Me and the wife took over a pub in ennis, Ireland to watch the match. (the batman had to lie to one of the regs that the tv had broke to keep the game on tv.) The whole pub were Stanley fans by the end of the night and I left them my scarf

4) leaving Edgar street absolutely gutted with a 2-2 draw even though it virtually assured promotion. I'm not one for singing at games but did the full 90 that day. Even met a Hereford fan who wished us well!

5) a memorable day when Stanley came to the town hall in accy and drinking a bottle of bollanger whilst the town sang to craney et al!

Many more super memories like Bradford away - Leam's game of keepy uppy and the shock of twenty quid entry. Hopefully many more to come from the best little team in the world